With all that is going on currently we thought we would speak to the factor of stress and your immune system which are directly connected. When you experience chronic stress, your adrenal glands release excessive amounts of cortisol, also known as the “stress hormone.”
Cortisol suppresses white blood cells, interferes with T cells, lowers the immune barrier, increases platelets, and increases neutrophils. These effects lead to poor immune function and predispose your body to viral infection, bacterial infection, cancer, and more.
How to Improve Stress and Immune System Function
1. Walking helps you clear your mind, burn built-up energy, and get exercise, which increases mood-boosting hormones. A walk every day will help you keep stress under control and prevent stressors from building up and causing chronic tension in the body.
2. Vitamin D is important for your stress levels and mood. It has been shown to give your mood a positive boost and lower anxiety levels. The best source of vitamin D is natural sunlight. If you choose, try vitamin D3 and K2 supplements.
3. Remove Yourself From Stressors Not always possible and if you can't avoid stress triggers--use CBD to help manage stress.
4. B vitamins have a massive influence on your ability to release stress. In fact, consuming high levels of B vitamins is associated with a 20% decrease in stress.
5. When you sleep, your body and mind take a break from the day’s physical and mental stressors. If you aren’t getting 7-8 hours of sleep each night, you may not have enough time to rejuvenate fully, which causes stress to build up in the body.
These stress-reducers are best used to prevent a chronic stress problem or built-up tension.
Could cannabis help treat diabetes? A small but growing body of research suggests that certain cannabinoids may hold promise.
In a study published in the journal Molecules, researchers from the Institute of Biomolecular Chemistry in Italy have found that cannabimovone (CBM), a rare cannabinoid, can sensitize cells to insulin. CBM thus joins CBD, THC, THCV, and THCA as a potentially promising avenue of research for diabetes prevention. The Italian researchers were interested in THC and CBD’s insulin-sensitizing effects and wondered if there were any other cannabinoids that might do the same with fewer side effects. Using computer modeling, they searched their cannabinoid database, and there it was: CBM fit into the model.
Makes one wonder what else does cannabis have in its arsenal of healing.
Heres a simple recipe to make your very own Gummies.
In a small saucepan, bring the water, infused coconut oil, and lecithin to medium heat and whisk together until fully combined. Once the mixture starts to bubble, increase to medium-high heat for a rolling boil. Slowly add in the unflavored gelatin while continuously whisking at the same time. Do not stop whisking!!! Once the unflavored gelatin is mixed in, add in all of the flavored gelatin while continuing to whisk. Whisk together on medium-high heat for about 1 minute until fully combined and smooth.
Turn down heat source to low heat while continuing to whisk. Mixture should still be bubbling, but not boiling. Working very quickly, begin to fill your molds. Stir the mixture every so often to recombine. Mixture will continually get thicker and thicker as the gelatin sets, so you only have a few minutes to fill the molds.
Once the mixture is used up, place the molds in the freezer or refrigerator for the gummies to harden, about 20 minutes to an hour. Once completely set, pop them out of the molds and store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator until ready to enjoy.
CBD does not cure coronavirus. There is no study that reflects some claims that it does.
What CBD does is reduce the immune system's inflammatory response. Inflammation is a vital response that isolates infected areas and prevents toxins from spreading. CBD can promote apoptosis, or cellular death. CBD can prevent proliferation, or rapid cellular growth. CBD is like a vitamin supplement, it helps the body to function optimally by keeping inflammation in check. All disease arises from inflammation. By reducing inflammation, one may be able to fight off pathogens easier.
In addition to CBD, one should be taking vitamin C, D, and Zinc to boost immune system in hopes of not acquiring viruses. There are many other immune building herbs and treatments out there, so check web and see if any make sense to you. Also, a good nights sleep, fresh air, exercise, and some fun will help with this overwhelming sense of fear and doom. CBD will help with the anxiety and stress from the constant bombardment of media.
If you are on immunosuppressant pharmaceuticals, you should be very careful, staying home at the very least is your best defense and none/minimal contact with anyone, as these drugs actually suppress your immune system making you more susceptible to pathogens.
Take care and stay calm.
Update: Please see new post with regards to the role stress plays on your immune function.