With all that is going on currently we thought we would speak to the factor of stress and your immune system which are directly connected. When you experience chronic stress, your adrenal glands release excessive amounts of cortisol, also known as the “stress hormone.”
Cortisol suppresses white blood cells, interferes with T cells, lowers the immune barrier, increases platelets, and increases neutrophils. These effects lead to poor immune function and predispose your body to viral infection, bacterial infection, cancer, and more.
How to Improve Stress and Immune System Function
1. Walking helps you clear your mind, burn built-up energy, and get exercise, which increases mood-boosting hormones. A walk every day will help you keep stress under control and prevent stressors from building up and causing chronic tension in the body.
2. Vitamin D is important for your stress levels and mood. It has been shown to give your mood a positive boost and lower anxiety levels. The best source of vitamin D is natural sunlight. If you choose, try vitamin D3 and K2 supplements.
3. Remove Yourself From Stressors Not always possible and if you can't avoid stress triggers--use CBD to help manage stress.
4. B vitamins have a massive influence on your ability to release stress. In fact, consuming high levels of B vitamins is associated with a 20% decrease in stress.
5. When you sleep, your body and mind take a break from the day’s physical and mental stressors. If you aren’t getting 7-8 hours of sleep each night, you may not have enough time to rejuvenate fully, which causes stress to build up in the body.
These stress-reducers are best used to prevent a chronic stress problem or built-up tension.
Leave a Reply.